Skip to main content

It's Real: A Final Reflection on Sara's Life

It’s Real


Sara's Story from Angie Hemric on Vimeo.


I’ve grown in darkness and suffered in pain.


By the wounds I received from others again and again.


Forsaken and in grief silently I weep.


How sad, yet sweet, my life seems on these streets.


Sad and alone I have grown into a young woman who has come to know.


Hurts and pains seems like my names; Joy and peace my worst nightmares.


Tears become my only evidence as I struggle to hide and cover my shame!


I wonder at times is this all I’m here to gain?


My life truly describes what is poverty.


The power of it In its full capacity of mental slavery.


Broken, battered and bruised by the cruelty of mankind my life I lose.


Persecuted and prostituted oppressed and suppressed


Daily facing some form of distress


As I slumbered into living


The depth of my pain, today, I cannot explain


For once again I am silent


Physically silenced by death


Buy why!


Why did I have to be silent for someone to hear I had called?


Why did I have to die for someone to speak on my behalf?


Now, when I cannot answer or speak my pain


There are so many caring hearts out here


Now you stare at my remains


In life, not to many, were sure to care


But today so many regret, and with pity their lips utter my name


How happy I would be if only I could hear.


Whom have I failed is a tale to tell


And who fail me is how the tale may end


For today I’m louder in death than life


But if this is what it takes for you to open your eye and see


Then I don’t mind if you repent and turn to Jesus Christ


Salvation is free. Jesus already died on Calvary


So why not live your life for Christ and so let it be



By: Lavena Ambrose © March 2011



Has Sara’s death spoken to you? Has her life been one you have wished you could rewrite? You can honor her life now by partnering with us to prevent, rescue and redeem the most vulnerable. Caroline’s Promise has established The Red Light Fund to honor Sara and reclaim hope for those who can be the next Sara. Donated funds will be used to train and equip our partner countries in anti-trafficking strategies and victim recovery.


To make a financial contribution to the Red Light Fund click here. Please note Red Light Fund in the comment box.


Lavena is a member of our Guyana Leadership Team. We work together to bring light and hope to our friends in Plastic City. She wrote this poem as her way of processing the tragic loss of Sara and chose to read it at her funeral for all to hear and reflect upon.


The Video song is Father to the Fatherless. The song was written in 2006 after my second short-term mission trip to Guyana and recorded in Guyana in 2009.


Popular posts from this blog

Medical need for Rodrigo's Family

  Give  Here

Watch Melany's Story and Win Prizes!

Melany is a precious child living in one of the most difficult areas of Guatemala City.  She is a  student at our partner school, Casita Adonai.  This new video shows what life is like for Melany and her friends and why they desperately need a new school building. A friend of the ministry has given us a $5000 gift to help build the school in Guatemala on the condition that we can match it before Christmas Day! Instead of just asking you to help us spread the word, we want to give you an opportunity to receive   amazing gifts!  Gifts include 3 - $100 credits to a Caroline's Promise mission trip to Guatemala 1 - Coffee/tea set from Guatemala 1 - Wooden salad set from Africa 1 - Purse from Guatemala 4 - Hope Grows Long Sleeve T-Shirts Hope Grows Christmas Contest  Here's how it works!  From now through midnight Chris tmas Eve you will receive entries into the contest for each item below.  Simply comment at the bottom of this blog post and tell us w hat y

Mission team member's "idea" + Facebook Fundraiser = Jobs in San Nicolas

  Our last team to Guatemala was in November of 2019.  That seems impossible but it's true.   The primary focus of the team was a pediatric medical clinic that was hugely successful.  However, that wasn't the only seed that was planted that week in the community of San Nicolas.   Wanda King has been going to Guatemala with Caroline's Promise for years.  We can always count on her to bring hand sanitizer, goodie bags that she and her sister make for everyone, and lots of love!  One of the things I love most about Wanda is that she is willing to step in and do anything that is asked of her.  A few weeks before this trip she asked if she could bring a set of hair cutting supplies.  I didn't know if there was a need, but I knew that Wanda felt strongly that she should bring them and so I said "of course!"  Little did we know the impact that one idea would make.   Wanda spent most of that week teaching our partner, Monica how to cut hair.  We quickly realized that