At Caroline's Promise we're all about helping people process their mission trip and ask the question, "What is God teaching me and how is this trip going to change my life?" We ask team members to list their favorite memories from the trip and then narrow them down to the top 4. Then we look to see if there is a theme to these events.
This is our first attempt to bring families on a mission trip. In a lot of ways it was an experiment. We had some doubts about how it would work - if at all. Tonight we were blessed to hear how God continues to work in the lives of team members - especially the children! Here are some comments:
* This trip taught me about having faith in God. Faith that He would provide the finances, faith for the trip, faith that He will take care of these kids.
* I learned that God answers prayers - we have to keep praying.
* I learned that I need to be thankful for what I have.
* I miss and love my family. I need to spend more time with my little sister:)
* God provides. For me and for these people.
* What I do makes a difference.
* The Body of Christ is beautiful. Everyone has a part.
* I saw how adoption can change a child's life.
* I saw the kids on this team love the Guatemalan children - without hesitation. They taught me.
* I want to be more involved in the lives of orphans. How does God want me to support them?