Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday in Guatemala

Praise the Lord for better internet access! We appreciate your prayers and feel them. Don't stop!
We've had a little sickness. Casey had stomach issues Monday but was great by this morning. Jennifer Glover has struggled with stomach and aches. Katy has had stomach stuff and is weak but is feeling much better. Lisa is getting a cold. So - we'd appreciate your prayers that it will stop and noone else will feel bad.
On Monday afternoon we ministered to 150 kids who are sponsored by Compassion International. It was a precious time. They presented music and drama to us which was powerful and we did the Children of the King skit and a carnival. What fun! We ran out of prizes at some of the games, but Garrett had extra gifts in his bag that were perfect! Thank you Jamie for sending those with him. It was like you were here with us!
Today, Tuesday, we drove about 30 minutes on a really rough road to the prettiest little town called San Jose Chacaya. It was incredibly clean and quiet and the kids were so well behaved. We saw groups of kids all day long - about 500 or so in total. The skit, socceer clinic and some frisbee time. And each kid received a school supply bag. The teachers each received a big bag of supplies and we were able to deliver Bibles to the classes, the Mayor, and the police department. Very cool!
Tomorrow we'll be cleaning the children's home and painting. There's a lot to do and the team is tired. We'd appreciate your prayers for unity and energy and that God will continue to speak to our hearts. More pics to come later tonight!

9 comments:

  1. I miss you guys and SO wish I were there with you! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...the caroline's promise post is me...Christy Z. I didn't realize my user name was still Caroline's promise from last year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys are busy. Lisa, you are doing a good job letting us know whats going on. Love the pictures. I will see you at the airport next Sat. Tell Garrett hello and tell Jen and Doug we are thinking of them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you! I hope everyone gets to feeling better. Do you need me to bring you anything for the cold since you'll be staying longer?

    I have been checking the forecast-yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just today I was talking about Guatemala! I am praying for God's healing wings to descend upon you and fill you with health and strength as you pour yourself out for others. I am keeping up and praying up for God to speak in amazing ways to everyone.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Erica and Jennifer, I hope the weather today is better. I have been in prayer for your team and Jennifer I hope you feel better. The Armneians always have a saying that when you begin a good work satan will try to prevent it; but don't let that keep you down. I hope you have safe travel on the way home.

    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi jill and team we just saw your pictures and are so proud of you. The children are beautiful and you all look so healthy and happy. Stay that way. We think of you every single day and are praying for you all. Give hugs to the children from us from their friends in NC, USA. Tell Jill her family misses her, as well as grammy, but we know God is using you and working in you. Don't forget to bang pots and pans and make noise for the fourth as we celebrate our american freedom ( if you all can). WE LOVE YOU ---Amy, mom, and grammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your time and that everyone is feeling better ASAP! Lisa, I can't wait to hear about HH. Glad to hear Kendall is finding his place. :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa,
    You guys have come to mind so often, so I have lifted you in prayer. The pictures and commentary are great. Tell our S.G. buddies hi and that we are proud of them for making a difference. See you soon! Take care.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete