Skip to main content

Lessons In The Wait – A Story of One Family

“I have not ceased to be amazed at God's provision during this adoption. He seems to interrupt these long waits with blessings that leave me in awe of Him. Thank you all for entrusting us with a grant from Carline's Promise. Michael was just speechless when I called to tell him that we had received the grant. I have been thinking a lot about the blessings during the wait and I want to record some for you, perhaps it will encourage others with whom you come into contact.
We began this adoption journey bright-eyed and full of excitement as we thought about adding a precious child to our family. As the months wore on and all the paperwork had long been in country, it seemed as if all the fervor died down and it became so easy to lose the focus on why the journey was begun in the first place. Then, God would intervene in a very noticeable way and we would once again be in amazement of Him.
*One of the greatest blessings has been seeing other families within our church begin the adoption process. We have two precious friends that are bringing home children from Ethiopia. One of my former students in the youth is now a missionary in Kenya and they are pursuing adoption from Rwanda, also. (Kenya is closing to foreign adoptions it seems)
*We have been blessed to see so many within our congregation take up the cause for children in the foster care system as they now serve as foster parents. Several are in the process of waiting for their foster children to become legally theirs.
*So many of senior citizens at church are faithfully praying for our little girl to come home from Rwanda. They are not only willing to embrace a pastor with a multi-ethnic family, they are praying for it to happen soon!
* We have had the offer of a baby shower. This doesn't sound out of the ordinary, but we are actually having a family shower, with the whole family invited. This has been a family event all along, so it only seemed natural to include everyone in our invitation! We will have a Compassion Child Advocate on hand, so they too, can adopt someone before they leave that day.
* Had this been a short wait, or an easy one, I do not believe that so many would have been waiting and aching with us. We, as a body, have traveled this road together and many, many conversations about orphans have begun because they are becoming aware of the epic problem that young children are facing.
When I look back, the blessings seem so numerous, it is hard to even remember the droughts. Thank you, Caroline's Promise, for blessing us beyond belief. You all are making a difference in so many lives and I am so humbled to be one of them.”
Emily Bowers and her family .P1000426

Popular posts from this blog

Watch Melany's Story and Win Prizes!

Melany is a precious child living in one of the most difficult areas of Guatemala City.  She is a  student at our partner school, Casita Adonai.  This new video shows what life is like for Melany and her friends and why they desperately need a new school building. A friend of the ministry has given us a $5000 gift to help build the school in Guatemala on the condition that we can match it before Christmas Day! Instead of just asking you to help us spread the word, we want to give you an opportunity to receive   amazing gifts!  Gifts include 3 - $100 credits to a Caroline's Promise mission trip to Guatemala 1 - Coffee/tea set from Guatemala 1 - Wooden salad set from Africa 1 - Purse from Guatemala 4 - Hope Grows Long Sleeve T-Shirts Hope Grows Christmas Contest  Here's how it works!  From now through midnight Chris tmas Eve you will receive entries into the contest for each item below.  Simply comment at the bottom of this blog post and tell us w hat y

Where are they now? Sthefany

Hello, my name is Sthefany.   I am 16 years old and am currently in the 4th year of high school in Biological Sciences.  First of all I want to thank the Groves Family who sponsored me during my primary school period because thanks to them I was able to complete primary school.  I am also very grateful because although I did not meet my sponsors, I appreciated them very much for the support and help they contributed in my life.   It was a great blessing that Caroline's Promise can contribute great things in the life of a person.  The experience I had was totally great. I got to know places thanks to them and they also showed me their love through letters (letters that I still have), gifts and financial aid. I would really like to meet and know how my sponsors are and meet them in person and thank them personally.   And well, I think that these kinds of experiences make you grow as a person in all aspects and how wonderful that those kinds of people exist, such as Carolina's Pro

Mission team member's "idea" + Facebook Fundraiser = Jobs in San Nicolas

  Our last team to Guatemala was in November of 2019.  That seems impossible but it's true.   The primary focus of the team was a pediatric medical clinic that was hugely successful.  However, that wasn't the only seed that was planted that week in the community of San Nicolas.   Wanda King has been going to Guatemala with Caroline's Promise for years.  We can always count on her to bring hand sanitizer, goodie bags that she and her sister make for everyone, and lots of love!  One of the things I love most about Wanda is that she is willing to step in and do anything that is asked of her.  A few weeks before this trip she asked if she could bring a set of hair cutting supplies.  I didn't know if there was a need, but I knew that Wanda felt strongly that she should bring them and so I said "of course!"  Little did we know the impact that one idea would make.   Wanda spent most of that week teaching our partner, Monica how to cut hair.  We quickly realized that