During the last week of the year, many non-profit ministries contact their donors asking for year-end gifts. We do this because we realize that many people give to non-profits right now in order to save money on their taxes.
While we are very grateful for the tax benefit that comes along with charitable giving, we know that you give to Caroline's Promise for many other reasons besides the tax deduction.
You give to Caroline's Promise because you know that
your generosity changes lives.
Today, I'd like to introduce you to one of those lives....
Betzabe is a beautiful 12 year old girl living in one of the poorest areas of Guatemala City.
She lives with her older sisters and a younger brother. There are no parents living in the home.
The odds are stacked against Betzabe.
• 1/4 of Guatemalan babies are born to teenaged mothers, some as young as 9 years old!
• 28% of women in Guatemala give birth before age 18
• 1 million children enter the sex trade every year. Guatemala is a hotspot for human slavery and sex trafficking. We shudder when we think about the predators who would love nothing more than to victimize this child.
“He lies in wait near the villages; from ambush he murders the innocent. His eyes watch in secret for his victims; like a lion in cover he lies in wait. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.” Psalm 10:8-9 (NIV)
There is good news for Betzabe!
She is a student at Casita Adonai, a private, Christian school serving 100 children from her neighborhood. Teachers are investing in her every day, giving her an education, self esteem, safety and the life-sustaining message of Jesus Christ. Thanks to your support, Caroline's Promise has partnered with Casita Adonai, and they are now able able to offer 4th and 5th grades so that Betzabe can continue her education there. We plan to continue helping this shining light grow even brighter by adding a new grade each year.
Your support has also enabled Caroline's Promise to administer a child sponsorship program at Casita Adonai and over 40 of the 100 children there now have a sponsor in the United States supporting them on a monthly basis. Not only is this monthly support meeting physical and material needs, but it is also
an affirmation of God's love to each one of these children and their parents.
“But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief, to repay it by Your hand. The helpless commits himself to You; You are the
helper of the fatherless.” Psalm 10:14 (NI)
Thank you for your generosity in 2010. And, yes, we definitely need your year-end gift which will allow us to continue
Reclaiming Hope for Orphans and changing lives like Betzabe's in 2011.
As a token of our appreciation for your support, we would like to send you a gift.
• When you make a one time donation of at least $25 before December 31, we'll send you a set of 6 notecards, featuring original artwork by two Kernersville, NC artists.
• When you sign up to Reclaim Hope for Orphans as a monthly supporter of Caroline's Promise, we'll send you a package of our private label coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
You can make your donation on-line here or you can mail your check to
1950 Beeson Road, Kernersville, NC 27284
Please choose "South Carolina" to support our chapter there.
All other gifts will support Caroline's Promise as a whole.
Thank you for partnering with us! Happy New Year!