Skip to main content

Lea Ann's Story - The WOW of God


This was not my first trip with Caroline’s Promise or my first trip to Guatemala. I was sure of how this trip would go because in hindsight I had quit expecting God to WOW! me.

For the past four years my mother battled lymphoma – cancer of the lymphatic system. In that time she survived three returns and each time God brought her out. Somehow I figured with all that prayer and deliverance I must have met my quota of grace and mercy. I took this trip the day after Christmas with one daughter who has been four or five times before and one daughter who had never been on any trip. This was our “present” trip to ourselves after a year of economic hard times and losing a grandmother and mother twenty days apart.

I took for granted God would deliver the money we all needed but in typical God fashion at the 11th hour – He did. We were given a beautiful “White Christmas” and in the morning we had such an abundance of white snow we could not get our car out of the driveway. So after crying and praying for a solution at least one hour past the time we should have been at the airport – God delivered two men and a truck to get us to the airport just in time for our flight.

We arrived from 20 degrees and snow to 70 degree warmth, great food, loving people and a week of work on a school. All the while a little at a time, God revealed His work to each of us, for each of us, in typical God fashion – on His time.

I had forgotten some key points and now on the plane home I can see all of it clearly.

God really does not need me to work things out – but He loves me enough to let me be a part of amazing experiences.

If I just listen and obey and get out of God’s way He will give me what I need, when I need it along with so many other people and he lets us discover it together.

This trip did not just stir my heart. It went deep within. A peace and joy came back that I had thought was gone forever.

I never realized how callous and blind I had become to the WOW! of God. He never stops. I just quit recognizing it. So this trip has reopened my eyes and I realize that I have unlimited WOW!s in my life daily.

I can’t wait for all of the WOWs to come because I cannot imagine what they will be. In typical God fashion they will be amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Medical need for Rodrigo's Family

  Give  Here

Watch Melany's Story and Win Prizes!

Melany is a precious child living in one of the most difficult areas of Guatemala City.  She is a  student at our partner school, Casita Adonai.  This new video shows what life is like for Melany and her friends and why they desperately need a new school building. A friend of the ministry has given us a $5000 gift to help build the school in Guatemala on the condition that we can match it before Christmas Day! Instead of just asking you to help us spread the word, we want to give you an opportunity to receive   amazing gifts!  Gifts include 3 - $100 credits to a Caroline's Promise mission trip to Guatemala 1 - Coffee/tea set from Guatemala 1 - Wooden salad set from Africa 1 - Purse from Guatemala 4 - Hope Grows Long Sleeve T-Shirts Hope Grows Christmas Contest  Here's how it works!  From now through midnight Chris tmas Eve you will receive entries into the contest for each item below.  Simply comment at the bottom of this blog post and tell us w hat y

Mission team member's "idea" + Facebook Fundraiser = Jobs in San Nicolas

  Our last team to Guatemala was in November of 2019.  That seems impossible but it's true.   The primary focus of the team was a pediatric medical clinic that was hugely successful.  However, that wasn't the only seed that was planted that week in the community of San Nicolas.   Wanda King has been going to Guatemala with Caroline's Promise for years.  We can always count on her to bring hand sanitizer, goodie bags that she and her sister make for everyone, and lots of love!  One of the things I love most about Wanda is that she is willing to step in and do anything that is asked of her.  A few weeks before this trip she asked if she could bring a set of hair cutting supplies.  I didn't know if there was a need, but I knew that Wanda felt strongly that she should bring them and so I said "of course!"  Little did we know the impact that one idea would make.   Wanda spent most of that week teaching our partner, Monica how to cut hair.  We quickly realized that