Skip to main content

Partnership Works

Caroline's Promise is blessed to partner with others as they work out God's plan for their lives. Sometimes we don't get to see the end of the story, we only get to walk a small part of the journey with them. While we don't know the end of the story for these ladies, we did get to witness a huge milestone for the sewing ministry at Iglesia Adonai. We wanted to share their excitement with you!

Seven ladies successfully graduated from the sewing ministry last week. They received their very own sewing machine and a Bible. What is amazing to us is the way God weaved so many different groups into the path of these women. When we first mentioned the sewing ministry last August,  we shared that a local preschool had a fundraiser to support the start up of this ministry, that Iglesia Adonai provided a teacher for these women and a space for the sewing classes. We told you about the sweet girl who asked to receive a donation of pillow cases for her birthday party in lieu of gifts...and how the Caroline's Promise mission team last summer helped with the beginning classes....since then Sunday School classes and individuals have donated money to help sponsor the ladies.

All these different groups doing their part toward a bigger goal....today these women have made pillow case dresses that have brought an income to them. They have the skills and tools needed to continue their own sewing businesses. And while each of these women did put money into their accounts from their first sales, what blessed us so much was that they also donated $40 each to the Hope Grows Campaign building fund! One of the participants of the class said, "I am very happy because today I received my sewing machine and a beautiful Bible.  I am so thankful to God and the ministry of Caroline's Promise and all of the people that made this possible.  May God bless all of you!"

Our second group of ladies began classes this week.  In three months they will graduate and receive their own sewing machine.  If you or a group you are a part of would like to sponsor one of these ladies at $150  please donate here, choosing the fund "Guatemala Orphan Projects".  Write "sewing" in the comment box.

We don't know the end of the story for these precious ladies. But we do know the One who holds their future in His hands... Partnership in ministry works, and their story proves how the blessing of one is multiplied to the many. Thank you for partnering with us to provide a brighter future for the women of the sewing ministry and those whose lives are impacted by them.

Popular posts from this blog

Mission team member's "idea" + Facebook Fundraiser = Jobs in San Nicolas

  Our last team to Guatemala was in November of 2019.  That seems impossible but it's true.   The primary focus of the team was a pediatric medical clinic that was hugely successful.  However, that wasn't the only seed that was planted that week in the community of San Nicolas.   Wanda King has been going to Guatemala with Caroline's Promise for years.  We can always count on her to bring hand sanitizer, goodie bags that she and her sister make for everyone, and lots of love!  One of the things I love most about Wanda is that she is willing to step in and do anything that is asked of her.  A few weeks before this trip she asked if she could bring a set of hair cutting supplies.  I didn't know if there was a need, but I knew that Wanda felt strongly that she should bring them and so I said "of course!"  Little did we know the impact that one idea would make.   Wanda spent most of that week teaching our partner, Monica how to cut hair.  We quickly realized that 

Where are they now? Sthefany

Hello, my name is Sthefany.   I am 16 years old and am currently in the 4th year of high school in Biological Sciences.  First of all I want to thank the Groves Family who sponsored me during my primary school period because thanks to them I was able to complete primary school.  I am also very grateful because although I did not meet my sponsors, I appreciated them very much for the support and help they contributed in my life.   It was a great blessing that Caroline's Promise can contribute great things in the life of a person.  The experience I had was totally great. I got to know places thanks to them and they also showed me their love through letters (letters that I still have), gifts and financial aid. I would really like to meet and know how my sponsors are and meet them in person and thank them personally.   And well, I think that these kinds of experiences make you grow as a person in all aspects and how wonderful that those kinds of people exist, such as Carolina's Pro

Where are they now? Cesy Samayoa

  Cesy, translating for Kaitlyn Our friend Cesy was too old to be in our child sponsorship program when we met her, but she definitely benefited from the program because two of her siblings were sponsored consistently.  And we benefited from knowing Cesy!  For years she would translate for our special programs.  I remember speaking to a group of moms years ago and Cesy translated for me.  She stayed for hours after the talk to help me minister to women.  One of those women had concerns about her son who clearly showed signs of ADHD.  Cesy helped me find natural ways to address his inattention and lack of focus and a year later that same Mom shared how Cesy's suggestions had helped! Cesy, we know how hard you have worked and we are incredibly proud of you!  Thank you for being a beautiful example to young women everywhere!