Skip to main content

Where are they now? Jeremy


Hello my name is Jeremy.   I want to tell you about the experience I had being sponsored in my elementary school studying at the evangelical school Casita Adonai.  I started studying more or less when I was 3 years old and I received sponsorship at the age of 8.  I was in second grade when the Pinon family sponsored me.  I want to send them greetings and thanks because thanks to them and Caroline's Promise I was able to finish my schooling.  

I must emphasize that every year they sent me gifts, which I appreciate even more since it was not enough for them to support me at school but they sent me gifts and that is saying a lot.  It was a blessing and a great support for my family and for myself, in addition there were many more people that I also remember with great affection.  

I am currently 18 years and thanks to all those efforts is that I can say that I graduated from a bachelor's degree in computing with a scientific orientation and at this point in my life, I have the opportunity to go to University and be able to have a better life.  I am currently looking for work, since I just finished the aforementioned degree. I would definitely like to meet the people who sponsored me and I would like to see the person who made all this possible again. 

Jeremy with CP Team Leader, Grace 



Popular posts from this blog

Where are they now? Cesy Samayoa

  Cesy, translating for Kaitlyn Our friend Cesy was too old to be in our child sponsorship program when we met her, but she definitely benefited from the program because two of her siblings were sponsored consistently.  And we benefited from knowing Cesy!  For years she would translate for our special programs.  I remember speaking to a group of moms years ago and Cesy translated for me.  She stayed for hours after the talk to help me minister to women.  One of those women had concerns about her son who clearly showed signs of ADHD.  Cesy helped me find natural ways to address his inattention and lack of focus and a year later that same Mom shared how Cesy's suggestions had helped! Cesy, we know how hard you have worked and we are incredibly proud of you!  Thank you for being a beautiful example to young women everywhere!

Leaving for Guatemala in less than 8 hours!

Everyone is in a mad dash to get their carryons packed and catch some sleep before we depart at 3am! You read that right, 3 am! It's going to be a long travel day. We'll depart Colfax at 3am, drive to Raleigh, fly to Miami at 6:50am and arrive in Guatemala at 1 in the afternoon. After we collect ALL of our luggage (because you guys have prayed that it all arrives:) we'll load a bus and drive 3-4 hours to Eagle's Nest Children's Home. We appreciate your prayers as the first of 50 people go to Guatemala. Our second week begins July 5th. Specific requests for this first BIG team are unity, good health, safety, and that God blesses our time with kids in churches, schools, the community and at Eagle's Nest. Check out their blog at http://www.boggsministry.com/ We hope to update you daily but we're not quite sure how the internet access will be. Thanks for your prayers:)

$40 can send a teen to camp

  Words can't express how proud we are of the youth from Adonai Church in Guatemala City.  They have worked hard to develop a discipleship and outreach program that is amazing!  In addition, they have been raising funds to attend their high school aged camp November 25-27.  They began months ago by creating banks and teaching on the importance of saving.  From there they hosted a ton of fundraisers and have been able to raise the funds for their youth group to attend camp. Now they need our help!  They would love for 25 of the older teens from their Gerona church plant to attend camp as well.  The cost is $40 per teen and we're looking for a total of $1000. If you would like to partner with the Adonai Youth and support a teen from Gerona, please follow this link.  Thank you for helping us celebrate the Adonai Youth and their hard work, while making a way for the teens in Gerona to attend camp.